Monday, December 2, 2013

Out Of Sight But Not Out Of Mind


My puppy was even ready for the OSU game!

I’ll admit that over the last few years I haven’t put as much value into my relationships with my family and friends from back home. It must be me growing up, but recently I’ve realized how much they all mean to me. This is one reason Thanksgiving break was so great!

My break was filled with the four “F’s”: football, food, family and friends. I watched so much football over break it’s not even funny! Of course my favorite game was the OSU/Michigan game. My step dad, brother and I went to a family friend’s house, ate wings and cheered on our Buckeyes. Can you say AMAZING ending?! Everyone in the room started cheering, yelling and high fiving each other when we intercepted the Michigan two-point conversion.


It was thanksgiving break so of course I devoured pounds and pounds of food! I had turkey, mashed potatoes, casserole and enchiladas. Let me tell you, I’ve missed the home cooked meals by my grandma and mom! I made sure to take my Thanksgiving naps multiple times!

I thoroughly enjoyed spending a whole week with my family. Yes there was the normal arguing and bickering, but there were also good talks, laughs and memories made. One day I wrestled my little brother and sister. My little brother gotten stronger! He’s over six feet tall so it’s extremely difficult to pin that boy. But the big sister always wins, right? Anyways, we also watched home movies. We laughed so many times! Great memories were recorded from years ago.  Of course I had the chance to go shopping with my mom and little sister. We spent the day together Tuesday in Fort Wayne, Indiana and again on Black Friday. My mom woke Faith (my sister) and I up at 6 a.m. Friday and we were off! The mall wasn’t very busy at first, but after a few hours the halls were filled with anxious shoppers. We shopped for almost 12 hours that day! To make my day even better, I found out my brother and sister-in-law got me Justin Timberlake concert tickets! To say I’m excited and ecstatic is an understatement. December 12, can you please come fast?
Me and my little sister Faith

I have stayed in contact with a few of my friends from high school. We all went to different schools, so spending time together the last couple years has been difficult. Thankfully on Thanksgiving eve we were all able to spend some quality time with each other. We went to a Mexican restaurant in town and then to two bars around the square. It was basically a high school reunion! So many 2010 Bryan High School graduates were out that night. I absolutely loved seeing former classmates and catching up. It’s crazy to see how much we all have changed, yet stayed the same. 

Me and Megan: 2010 BHS Graduates

Unfortunately, break had to come to an end. Two weeks of classes and one week of finals separates me from another stay at home! It’ll be great to relax and not worry about schoolwork…with the exception of Bateman! I want to enjoy this last break at home because next year I will be a big girl and working.

What is your favorite memory from over Thanksgiving break? Were you able to catch up with family and friends? Did you brave the Black Friday shoppers or are you more of a Cyber Monday shopper?

Until next time, stay classy my fellow followers.

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment