Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Are You A Snapchatting Fool?


How many of you have and use the mobile app Snapchat? I do! I’m actually an avid user of the app. Am I the only one who actually holds conversations via Snapchat? It's a fun way to communicate with friends. In an article on Mashable, the CEO of Snapchat, Evan Spiegel, announced that 70 percent of users are females.

Other details in the article revealed that “users send 400 million ‘snaps’…each day.” From June 2013, that number has doubled. More snaps are sent each day than photos uploaded to Facebook. That’s a big deal! Speaking of Facebook, the social media site executives offered Spiegel $3 billion for Snapchat, but reports state he refused the deal.

I decided to take a look at my own Snapchat account to see the ratio between male and female “friends.” In total, I have 88 friends on Snapchat. Fifty-three are female and 35 are male. So in my personal app, 60 percent of my friends are female. It’s a little off from the reported number, but still pretty close!

snapchat-app
I want to know if you all are active users of Snapchat. If you are, what is your favorite feature of the app? If you’re not, what’s stopping you from downloading Snapchat?

Until next time, stay classy my fellow bloggers.

Candace

5 comments:

  1. I was a little late to the Snapchat party. I downloaded the app this summer but didn't really get into it right away. Now I use the app daily! Sending snaps is so much more exciting than simply texting, and Snapchat is easy and quick to use, which I love. I really like being able to quickly connect with and see pictures of my friends and family who I'm not able to see often. I'm also a big fan of the new stories feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Snapchat but I only take "snaps" of things I think are funny. I don't usually take "selfies" on Snapchat and I don't hold coversations over Snapchat. I think that the app is fun, but can get really annoying. My stepsister is constantly taking pictures of herself for Snapchat" and it annoys my whole family. I feel that Snapchat should be used sparingly. My favorite feature is the drawing feature. I like being able to draw on my pictures before I send them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a snapchat and I think it is one of the greatest app ever. I use it to communicate with people or just distract myself or embarrass my friends. It is awesome and one road trips with the teams we have contests of who can draw the best pictures with people are asleep. Most of the time it is very inappropriate but that is what makes it so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a snapchat and love it! I use it every day to watch my story videos that my friends send me and I often carry conversations through the app as well. I enjoy using it as a quick way to send photos of funny or embarrassing things that I see throughout my day. It is so much faster and easier to reply to than sending a picture through a text message or iMessage. Jeffrey, the game you play on road trips is hilarious and I will now be partaking on my next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Snapchat! I think Jeffrey's idea of contests is one of the best ideas I have read today so far. I love using it to keep in touch with friends and it's an easy, fun way to communicate that's more personal than text messages. I love the Snapchat Stories because it's easy to share something interesting without having to send a mass Snap. I love receiving videos of my friends singing, or just Snaps in general. Basically, I'm addicted to snapping.

    ReplyDelete