Friday, November 22, 2013

Too Early For Christmas Decorations?


In almost a month it’s going to be Christmas! Where did this year go? It feels like just yesterday I was moving back to Northern and taking down my Christmas tree from last year’s break.

Well, the time has come to put the tree back up! Along with the tree there’s garland, lights and other decorations. Am I in the Christmas spirit already, of course! My house is already decked out in all the decorations. Some people may think it’s too early for Christmas because after all, we haven’t even had Thanksgiving. But let me explain why my roommates and I put up all the trimmings almost a week ago.


After Thanksgiving break, we only have a few weeks left of classes, therefore only a short amount of time to enjoy all the work we put into the house. On top of that, finals are approaching fast and we will be stressed with work and not necessarily have time to worry about decorations. Because of that, we decided to enjoy decorations a week before Thanksgiving break and the few weeks left of the semester when we return.
 
staircase
front porch
Let me tell you, we went all out! We have a full sized Christmas tree strung with silver and light blue ornaments. Our stairs are lined with colorful lights and garland. We’ve decorated our archway leading from the living room to the dinning room with lights and garland as well. But, my favorite aspect is our front porch. This is the first year I’ve lived in a house apart from my parents. Yes, my step dad would put up lights in the bushes and what not, but I really wouldn’t have much of a say. This year, however, we decided to put lights around our porch. We did it all by ourselves! I’m sure you can imagine how happy we were to be “big kids” and make our house look so festive even on the outside. It was hassle finding a way to plug the lights in, though. Eventually we figured it out!


After I return from break, I’m going to add to the decorations and put up a small tree in my room. It’s fiber optic and decorated with pink ornaments. So I guess you could say I go all out for Christmas decorations.


My question is, when is it too early to decorate for Christmas? Does your family have a particular time to put up decorations? Do you have any fun traditions around the holidays?

Until next time, stay classy my fellow bloggers.

Candace

4 comments:

  1. Candace, your apartment looks very festive! My grandma and my aunt put up their decorations last week, though I am one of those people that want Thanksgiving to come first and it's probably because at my house we put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. However, I'm starting to become somewhat of a Scrooge or Grinch because I hate Christmas music and people start putting Christmas things out all the way back in October which really bothers me. Anyways, we put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and as far as traditions go, we have Thanksgiving dinner at my grandma's, although it is at my house for the first time this year, and we play board games after dinner spending time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always put our Christmas decorations ups the day after Thanksgiving. I love decorating for Christmas. I seriously have had my room decorated for about two weeks now with a mini-tree. I love it so much. I am high on some Christmas lovin' extra early this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Originally I was going to say you put them up way too early, but after hearing your explanation I am so mad my house hasn't put up our decorations yet! We only have three weeks of school left after Thanksgiving and I agree that is not enough time to enjoy the decorations. I may now have to go back a day early to start setting up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, we don't have a lot of time left here before we leave again for Christmas break! I want to put up lights in my apartment but I don't know when I will have the time! I feel that we are all so busy around this time of year we don't stop to take a look at all of the beautiful aspects of the Christmas season. I think that the week of Thanksgiving is a good time to start putting up lights. The lights are only up for a month, why not enjoy every minute of it?

    ReplyDelete